PROCESS OF OBTAINING A FIREARMS LICENSE
2. Go to the firearms license link on the police force website. CLICK HERE
3. Click on the link: New User? Click Here To Register to obtain an application ID which will be electronically generated and automatically displayed on your biodata form.
4. You will be redirected to the biodata form after you have successfully signed up.
5. Fill the Bio-Data form when logged-in, then enter your details with the instructions outlined on the page.
6. Upload a certified medical report obtained from any government hospital and attestation of good character from two referees which should be level 14 and above.
7. Print out the information submitted then take the Print-out to officer in charge of firearms in any Police Commands SCIID or FCIID for further directives.
8. Upon completion of this procedure, your application shall be processed through the criminal data base of the force and decisions including issuance of the certificate if application is successful shall be conveyed within five working days.
Your application will be fully processed after these steps. Applicants with challenges of processing their application online can go to the State Intelligence Bureau (SIB) within their State Police Command or the FHQ Abuja for support.