Botanical name:. Bitter leaf is a well-known plant and can be easily propagated in anywhere, all you need to do is find a suitable place for planting, stick it to the ground and you are good, they can strive and flourish anywhere they are planted. They also bud flowers which have a very beautiful scent. Trust me this is something I’ve seen and perceived first hand.
Every part of this plant is bitter as the name implies and its bitterness is actually beneficial to the body. This plant grows wild in open places, gardens among others. It has a lot of health benefits that will be discussed as we go on.
There is an abundant quantity of Andrographolide available in bitter leaf which can improve the blood’s defenses like; the white blood cells that attack bacteria and other foreign substances. Also, the high potassium in bitter leaf is known to remove water and salt to treat hypertension. Potassium compounds have been proved to lower blood pressure.
- Take a handful of fresh bitter leaf.
- Wash leaves thoroughly and boil in water (depending on the amount of leaves used)
- Once boiled, filter and store in a clean container.
- It could be taken as many times as possible (preferably 2 times a day).
Bitter leaf contains anti-parasites and anti-bacteria components that are needed to cure malaria. To cure malaria you’ll need;
- A few stems of bitter leaf and 4cups of water.
- Boil the leaves in the water.
- Allow to rest then sieve and preserve
- They can be taken 3 times a day.
According to research, from a faculty of Pharmacy in 2004 it was proven that bitter leaf can lower blood glucose levels in male rats. The main active ingredient in bitter leaf that helps reduce levels of glucose in the blood is “Andrographolide”.
- Fresh bitter leaves
- 1 cup of boiled water
- Pour the water on the leaves; let them sit for a while.
- Filter then drink two times daily after meals.
Treating Respiratory Tract Infections
Respiratory infections can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or other orgasims. However, you can treat by following these easy steps
- Take 9-15g of dried bitter leaf
- Boil with 3 cups of water
- Let it cool down, filter then,
- Drink water 2 times a day, ½ cup each.
Treating Ear Inflammation With Bitter Leaf
Ear inflammation happens at the outer ear and it is usually experienced in children. It can be treated by:
- Take fresh bitter leaves
- Wash and blend.
- Strain the water
- Put drops(3) of this water on the sore ear
- Do this 4-5 times a day for maximum result.